The second week of the Missoula mayoral search begins on Monday.
Aren’t you fuckin’ excited!?!
12 people that don’t give a fuck about you or your problems are going to choose the next man to lead Missoula into what’s going to be the biggest economic downturn since the 1930s.
Well…that’s not quite accurate. More than likely, just a handful of those councilors will be making the real choices, most likely behind the scenes and with the blessing of the MRA, approved developers, the Dem Party, and whatever other leeches attach themselves to the graft machine.
Oh, it’ll be glorious!
And you will have nothing to do with it.
The application period started on August 16…five days ago. In that time, we haven’t been given the names of a single person that’s put in an application.
- Why is that?
- Why is the city keeping these names secret?
- Why aren’t any local journalists looking into this, asking questions, finding some answers?
Because they don’t care. And even if they did care…would their employer want them digging into that, would the city?
No. I think it’s ‘no’ on both, but we know for a fact it’s a big fucking ‘no’ from the city. The City Clerk makes that abundantly clear:
“The list of applicants will be posted by the City Clerk on 8/26 on this website after the application deadline.”
- They want it to be a secret.
- They want you in the dark.
- They don’t want you to know any names and they sure as shit don’t want you lobbying your City Councilor to make your desires known.
In other words, you mean nothing.
The way I see it, the less sunshine there is on the mayoral search, the easier it’ll be to pick someone that helps the powerful and the elite while further putting the boot down on the real workers in this town.
The less sunshine and transparency the better.
Now we embark upon the second week of the job search, with potential applicants having no idea who they’re up against.
The application period ends on Friday at noon and the following Monday the applicants that are going forward to the interview stage are chosen.
Yep, happens pretty fast.
And we won’t know a single applicant until after they’ve been chosen for the interview stage.
I doubt we’ll learn of anyone that applied that didn’t make it that far…unless they make a fuss on social media and let us know they in fact did apply.
Think people like Jacob Elder, who I guess already feels entitled to the position since he came in second in the November election.
Well, it doesn’t work that way.
It’s now a puppet show, and the Dems are in the driver’s seat. We’ve seen this before in Missoula.
Whomever is chosen will continue to drive this town right into the ground.
- Aged residents that helped build this place will be driven from the homes they’ve had for decades.
- Young professionals will realize there’s no hope of buying a home here or starting a family.
- Businesses will realize they can’t find workers that can afford to live here, so they can’t do business here.
- A paradise for the Have’s will be created and the Have-Not’s will be expected to serve them in that hell.
Welcome to Missoula!