This is an open post where you can say whatever you want.
Here are a few of my thoughts that might spur your own comments:
- It's been 611 days since the Russian Investigation began, and still nothing has come up that will get Trump out of the White House.
- Without the Trump presidency, I’m not sure we ever would have had a #MeTooMovement, something that’s led to an increased dialogue about sexual issues between men and women.
- Without the government shutdown, I’m not sure we would have realized how much we appreciate our federal workers and want to see them paid with our tax dollars...but also how little we actually need most of them to be working for this country to function.
- On February 15 the first financial reports are due from those lobbying the legislature. I plan to dig into them to see which groups are bribing our representatives the most (I’m betting gambling and cigarette companies).
- Currently I see no finance reports for Kim Dudik’s 2020 run for Attorney General. I do see that Corey Stapelton has finance reports for his 2020 gubernatorial run, however. He currently has $36,000 in the bank. He’s been raising money for this run since October 2017.
- Big contributors to Stapleton so far include the Galt family; the head of DeMarois Auto here in Missoula as well as the head of Bretz RV here; Jake Eaton; Jeff Essman; and Harlan Wells.
- The next financial report due date for 2020 statewide candidates is April 5.
- Many think Matt Rosendale will run for governor in 2020, effectively giving up his spot as Auditor, something that will make that race wide open. Judging by the FEC finance reports, Rosendale has about $27,000 cash on hand still from his failed 2018 Senate run (I get this by taking his $236,000 cash on hand minus the $209,000 of debt his campaign still has).
- And also according to the FEC, Steve Bullock’s Big Sky Values PAC has raised over $1.3 million to see him become president in 2020, and they’ve spent $982,000 of that, leaving Steve with $325,000 to realize his national political aspirations.
Alright, enough from me. Any thoughts of your own?