- $94,000 is needed to hire a citywide Diversity, Equity, Inclusion Program Specialist II to help coordinate ongoing work with that National League of Cities, City of Opportunities cohort.
- $82,000 is needed over the next couple of years to hire an equity specialist to help include equity for historically underserved populations in our Parks & Recreation summer programs.
- $977,000 is needed to reimburse the city’s aquatic facilities for lost revenue experienced during the pandemic years of 2020 and 2021. The Feds won’t fund this with ARPA anymore, so local tax money is needed.
- Parks & Rec needs $79,000 to hire a new Communications and Marketing Coordinator to help them make more money.
- The Housing Department wants $94,000 to hire someone for their houseless initiatives team. The idea is to help homeless people get into existing housing. Whether this drives up the cost of current housing and forces people from their homes is not addressed.
- Housing will also get $300,000 next year to put forth subsidies on developer permit fees in exchange for a percentage of affordable units. The fees are currently estimated at $2,335 per unit. The idea is to spur more affordable housing growth, though seems minimal.
- The police want $156,000 to hire a Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) manager as well as a CIT data analyst. The idea is to further support the mobile support team with typically homeless-related crises, reducing the impact on our jail and emergency room.
- The animal shelter needs $1.6 million to expand. Building costs have increased 17.4% since the project was first planned in 2020.
And that’s just 8 more of the 197 budget documents that have been released over the past two weeks.
MT Dem Incompetence
The big difference between the MT GOP website and the MT Dem website is that the GOP has a blog, the Dems do not.
That might not sound too important, but it is. And it’s quite telling.
You see, the GOP has a desire to get their message out to people. The MT Dems do not.
The MT Dems used to put blog posts and press releases and other info on candidates up, but they don’t anymore.
They do list candidates…but just three.
Under the ‘programs’ tab on the Dem site, it has the Blue Bench Project and MDLCC…both of which have been around for years, and both of which have been proven to be completely ineffective.
We know this because of voting, and how the Dems can’t win the legislature. Haven’t in years.
It’s funny, because MDLCC is supposed to talk-up legislative candidates…but on the main Dem site, they can’t even list a single Dem candidate.
To be fair, the GOP doesn’t bother with legislative candidates on their site, either. But why should they? They have the legislature; the Dems do not.
That Scum Pelosi and China
Nancy Pelosi has been in Congress since 1987. When historians look back on our time, they’ll look at her as one of the main culprits as to how corrupt politics became.
How about her husband’s insider trading a couple weeks ago with Nvidia chipmaker stock?
The media has no shame and will cover that up for them. Imagine if a Republican did that?
This is why most Americans do not trust our media. It’s clear the corporations in this country do not care about us at all, perhaps even less than Pelosi does.
Now we have to wonder, will this old broad start a war with China? She doesn’t seem as though she’ll back down on her Taiwan trip. I wish she’d just stay home and eat her expensive ice cream.
But she won’t.
And perhaps this is all planned with the global elite. Maybe this is the idea to get America and China into a war - send the old bat over there.
China desperately needs something to take their people’s minds off how they have tanks in the streets there to stop people from using the ATMs, how their real estate market is crashing.
Xi is in serious trouble.
On top of those twin messes, he’s got a ton of college graduates that can’t find jobs because they majored in the wrong thing. They all want to work in IT, not in factories where they’re needed. But working in a factory has a social stigma.
So by 2025 the country will have a need for 62 million factory workers but they’ll only be able to find 30 million.
This at a time when Chinese youth unemployment is at 19.3%.
Does Xi really want a cohort of 16- to 24-year-olds running around the country, bored and with too much time on their hands?
We saw what that’s done to America over the past two years, and it ain’t pretty. Just ask Portland or Seattle or San Francisco or New York City. They’re shitholes now.
Of course, a big part of that is all the Chinese fentanyl that we allow all the cartels to ship across the southern ‘border,’ but that’s a story for another day.
So we have the Chinese government stopping people from taking their money out of ATMs, refusing to bail-out the mortgage market, and not really caring if a bunch of young people don’t have anything to keep them busy.
Yep, Xi badly needs a war to take people’s minds off these troubles and he needs to get the media to latch onto a new culprit for that nation’s problems.
Pelosi could be the key to make that happen.