There’s nothing to be afraid of.
I know the liberal media and many of the statewide reporters, and even some of the blogs, are giving you a hard time.
Again, there’s nothing to be afraid of.
Maybe paper tigers.
That’s about all the Montana Democratic Party is – a bunch of paper tigers.
I know this because I’ve called them about 10 times today, and yet no one in their office has the courage to answer, let alone talk to me.
When I call up each of Jon Tester’s 8 field offices, no one is authorized to talk about Tester’s finances.
Each time you call those offices, you’re directed to Tester’s Campaign HQ…which is the same phone number and address as the Montana Democratic Party.
Sixth Street HQ. Many of the out-of-state staffers the Dem Party hires live close by, in those row-house apartments.
Not a bad place to live, considering you know you’ll be moving on to another state in 6 to 12 months.
Meanwhile, we Montanans have to make do.
While the Montana Democratic Party Finance Director – Trent Bolger…a guy who makes $5,000 a month – wouldn’t answer or return any of the 10+ phone calls I made to him today, surely he must be working.
If he is, that’s good. If he isn’t, it’s the same.
Montana Republicans have nothing to fear from the Montana Democratic Party or Democratic candidates. And those attack posts on their websites? Shrug-off-able nonsense.
- I know this because when I try to call them on the phone, they’re too afraid to answer.
- I know this because when I comment on their blogs, they call me a troll and block and ban me…and even block me from making comments on their blogs’ Facebook page.
- I know this because the Montana Democratic Party would rather keep 10 staffers living the high-life (at a cost of $9o,000+ a month) instead of funding legislative candidates.
- I know this because keeping Jon Tester in the Senate (how this benefits MT is beyond me) is the #1 priority this year.
- I know this because Dems are having a conniption fit over Steve Daines’ role in the China-beef deal…even though Max Baucus surely played a larger role (I had a Reuters reporter call me this week asking about that exact thing).
- I know this because no matter how many $5-here and $10-there donations that you give to the Montana Democratic Party, it won’t translate into candidates actually winning their races.
Just ask any of the people that have run as Democrats and lost. Ask them how much support they got.
The MT GOP should be happy how the Democratic Party is operating. It means they’ll keep winning, and for a long time.
But one day…and it might be sooner than any of us think…things will change.
Something will happen.
The current crop of losers that call themselves ‘leaders’ of the MT Democratic Party will be shown the door.
I have a feeling many will be thrown out on their asses, with much of the public wondering why it didn’t happen sooner.
So I’m hopeful.
A pessimistic level of hopeful.
Now it just comes down to you.
It’s your Party. For fuck’s sake, please do something! Voice your discontent! Tell your neighbors! But most of all…please, please stop giving money to this corrupt, self-serving organization.
If you want to help Dems, give money to the candidates. Tom Woods would have been happy for a fraction of the $102,000 MT Dems took in over November.
But he didn’t see any of that, and now he’s resentful. Many, many Democrats around the state have had similar experiences.
I called this post ‘honest thoughts for the MT GOP’ because that’s what they are – honest thoughts coming from a Democrat.
Sure, the Dems call me a Republican and the Republicans call me a liberal…but I don’t care.
The GOP has to know they’ll keep winning where it matters indefinitely so long as the Dems play the same game.
And Dems show no signs of changing. You know the paid staffers don’t give a flying fuck. And those poor, dumb-schmuck donors will keep giving their $5-here, $10-there.
So nothing will change.
Enjoy it, GOP…enjoy it while it lasts.
One day there might be some real Democratic leaders in this state.
Until then, enjoy your ‘success.’