Despite all the indoctrination, the terrible teachers in our schools, the complete and utter corruption of our government, and the despicable state of our corporate media...I’m still thankful.
Let me give you a few reasons why:
- I have a roof over my head
- I have enough to eat
- I have clean water to drink
- I have clean air to breathe
- I have clothes to wear
- I can go wherever I want, whenever I want
- I can work for whomever I choose
- I can say what I think
- Any medical problem I have, I can easily get it fixed
- When I leave my home, I don’t have to worry about getting shot
- I have access to any book, music, or movie ever made
- I can run for any elected office I want to
- I can insult any public official I want to
- I can tell the truth about what our public officials are doing
- I can go to the bathroom inside, with my indoor plumbing
- I can expect to live decades longer than people in other countries
- All of my needs are taken care of, and most of my wants as well.
In many countries, you can’t say the same.
We’re lucky to live in America, damn lucky.