You see, I’m not going to be writing on this blog anymore. Well, that’s not quite true, I’ll still write the following:
- Free Fiction Friday: I like to write free short stories each week because people often like them and they make me a better writer;
- Midweek Content Roundup: These posts are pretty popular, and I still think you can learn a lot if you follow the links and actually read the articles;
- Monthly Reports: Each month on the first of the month I’ll write my monthly report, something I’ve been doing for more than a year now;
- Adventures in SEO: Sometimes I write about my experiences writing content and doing SEO for others, mainly because I’ll bundle them into a book one day. This will continue.
That’s about all that I’ll be putting up on this writing blog…oh, probably for quite some time. So why is that? After all, the Writing Blog is the most popular on my site.
Here are a few reasons:
- Popularity: The Writing Blog might be popular, but it’s losing it fast to the 2014 Montana Election Blog, which is gaining readers like crazy.
- Lack of Comments: I write some helpful articles on this site, and just put up one on Deviant Art artists this week and one last month on 30 Facebook marketing groups for authors giving their book away for free. Neither got a single comment.
- Influx of Comments: I write a lot more on my political blog and people read this and they leave comments. It’s quite easy for me to see where I’ll be spending most of my time. Is it easy for you?
- Sharing: I’ll write what I think is a pretty good article on my Writing Blog, but it won’t be shared at all. If I put something up on my political blog and people like it then it gets shared like crazy. You do the math.
- Appeal: I don’t like writing about writing anymore, maybe I never did. I like writing about politics more now, mainly because I get a response.
Hey, I write lots of books and they don’t get many if any sales. It sucks. Why would I want the same level of rejection on my writing blog, which is what I get when no one comments and no one shares?
No one cares. You don’t care.
So I don’t care either then. And that’s why this blog won’t have much action anymore.