There seems to be nothing new, nothing groundbreaking, nothing…interesting.
Yep, there’s a serious glut in good content on most all the self-publishing and content marketing blogs I visit.
Sure, I’ve got that Midweek Roundup of content, but I’ve been pulling that off of disparate Google+ groups, some of which traces back to who knows where.
Mainly I’m talking about my bookmark bar. I regularly visit about 10 to 15 blogs, and lately they’ve all been putting up rubbish.
I’m serious – it’s rubbish.
- There was one post about Facebook from a woman that had about five blog posts in the past year on her own site. I thought that was rather silly.
- I especially liked the site asking for opinions on romance authors and their marketing abilities. When I mentioned their penchant for copying each other’s work and slapping new covers on it, as well as their reliance on ARC reviews (Already Reviewed Copies), the comment was swiftly taken down.
- And don’t get me started on the Montana blogs I frequent. One I’ve stopped bothering with completely due to its inability to talk about anything but Ukraine, and on another the commenting section has gotten so out of control I stopped subscribing.
No, there’s nothing out there worth a bucket of warm piss…for now.
Things change quickly in the blogosphere, and tomorrow there could be a lot to talk about.
Somehow I doubt it though.
So what could change all that? What could light things up? What are the hot topics to get knickers in a knot everywhere?
I don’t know. I try to put some edgy and insightful content up on this site, but I’ve a feeling most of the time it’s rather droll.
Who knows, you’re reading it, and thousands of others are as well. Who are they? I don’t know.
Oh, yeah…those topics.
Well, if I had to shoot from the hip right here and now I’d say these would be some worthwhile blog topics for you and your site:
- Buckets of Warm Piss: A 5-Point Blog Post Measuring Scale
- Kids Screaming in the Hallway and How to Be Heard Over the Noise
- The Amazing Google+ +1 Button – It Shuts People Up!
- 10 Best Finger Foods for Fast Computer Typists
- Writers’ Walls: What the Greats Had Over Their Desks
- How Many Writers Had Teeth Problems?
- Do Hippos Belong in Self-Publishing?
- Haunted Lighthouses and What They Tell Us about Self-Publishing
- Why Not Commenting on Your Blog’s Comments is the Best Approach
- Using Adverbs to Stick it to The Man
I think those would be interesting blog articles. What would they be about? I don’t know.