Anyways, I thought it might be kind of fun to share some of the keywords that people are typing into Google or Yahoo or whatever to get to this site. Actually, most of them are keyword strings.
Yep, I don’t think anyone types in just one word to find me. I’m not big enough for that. Sometimes people type in more than 10 words to find me, and I’ve got a few of those listed at the end of the article.
Some of the keywords people use to get here are pretty bland. Well, most are. But there are some that are just downright silly, out there, or make little in the way of sense.
Today let’s go over my most popular keyword strings, those that are just stupid, and try to impart some SEO wisdom while we’re at it, eh?
My Site’s Most Popular Keyword String
- montana famous people;
- montana famous person;
- famous people in montana;
- what are some famous people born in montana;
- something that makes montana famous;
- montana’s famous people picture;
- montana famous person 2013;
- montana fames people;
- how many famous people live in the state of montana.
Alright, I think that’s enough, don’t you? You get the idea of how one article can pick up all kinds of keyword strings. That one article I spent a couple days on in November is giving me traffic to this day, and more each month.
See, the more hits it gets, the more Google picks up on it. Type any of those keyword permutations from above into Google and you’ll see my site on the first page, if not the #1 spot. That’s effective content marketing.
I knew that post would be a winner when I wrote it. There’s a huge content gap when it comes to that subject, and even finding info on some current famous people that live in Montana (Michael Keaton, Andie MacDowell, Jeff Bridges) isn’t easy to find.
So I did good with that post, and it now drives the traffic to my Montana blog. It may also account for some of my Montana eBook sales. So that’s effective content marketing, if that’s the case.
Other Popular Keyword Strings
So I filled that gap, and now I get traffic because of it. Oh, not a lot, but some, and with zero effort from me each month. Yep, that traffic’s passive.
Another is “blackfeet flag.” This has been on my list for months, and people really come to my site to find out about the Blackfeet Indians. Why? I have no idea. I wrote this stuff more than a year ago, but they keep coming. I don’t think I could stop them if I wanted to, save taking down those articles.
In fact, I get so much traffic from Indian and Native American-related keywords that it’s not even funny. If I would have known this a year ago when I knew nothing, maybe I would have done things differently.
But is it hurting me? I don’t think so, but then I don’t really worry about getting hurt. I’ve no financial stake in this site, meaning if my traffic dropped to zero tomorrow and stayed there I could care less – I’ll still be poor.
And I would not give that feeling up lightly. It’s freedom, plain and simple. I can do any damn thing I want on this site, and I’ll be held accountable to no one. Sure, I could hurt myself by offending too many people, get sued for defamation or libel, or so alienate my audience that my eBook sales go from 10 a week to 0 a week.
But really, at the end of the day, do any of those things matter?
You hear this nonsense a lot – that if you offend too many people online someone that actually wants to work with you will Google you, find those offending posts or comments, and you’ll not get the job.
Well…thank…God! Thank God I don’t have to become part of the boring world, the plague of sameness, or the orgy of bad ideas. Because if you’re anything like me, I think you know we’ve got more than enough of that rubbish already.
More Interesting Keywords
Honestly, I don’t know why anyone reads this rubbish. I go off the rails a bit and take up 3 pages to make my case when 1 would have done just fine.
Well, there I go again. Here you go, the list:
- premade erotica ebook covers
- police academy movie cast
- how did Henrey Plummer meet Daisy Plummer
- Www.big women ass fuking first time pictur .com
- worksheet of lonesome dove cattle drive
- what kind of men hurried west to mine for gold and what qualities did they need to travel there and succeed
- what is beholder
- what if flight 370 didn't go down?
- timothy leary find the others
- show future with tarrot cards
- picture of jail in ismay mt
- musicians from montana named ted 30 years old went to university of montana Missoula
- meaning of phrase "pissing all over themselves”
- Jedediah smith who got ear ripped off
- invention of sliced bread impact on montana
- how to write M in the sky
- How to fast over writing
- How much boring
- how did james beckwourth have four wives
- Fuck pic to make me fuck myself
- famous woman personalities who are not known by all
- don't be astound if my names become popular
- does sky know all the websites i've been i
- Black Walnut movie
- being sued for book reviews
- awards that you can get in police academy
As you can see I get some interesting people typing in some interesting stuff to find me. I truly am touched.
Well, thanks for taking the time to read this post. I don’t really care if you liked it or not. I got a few laughs out of it, and since I’m just talking to myself, that’s fine.