They want to know if I can help them get a book on Amazon.
- Sometimes they have something to work with.
- Sometimes they just have an idea.
- Sometimes they have a completed book and just need direction on what to do next.
- Sometimes they’ve tried to do things themselves but found it damn near impossible.
So what can I do?
If someone has a book, this is what we can do to get your book on Amazon by the end of the week:
- Take your cover drawing or idea and give it to a professional artist. Then get that image sized-up with layout into a 1563x2500 JPEG cover for Amazon.
- Format your MS Word document into a standard template that will work for Amazon and look good on a Kindle eReader.
- Get you a bit of eBook marketing so people actually see this book and it gets some sales on its launch date and you get onto a Top 100 chart in your genre.
If you do those things you have a chance. And while we’re at it, why not get the POD cover and get it into a Createspace template so you can have physical copies to hand out to friends and family?
Those are all things I do, and I’ve done them with my own books. It’s why people contact me.
You can contact me too – just use my contact form and tell me where you’re at. I’m certain I can help.
If you don't want to do any editing then it's pretty simple after that art. But…do you want to get a print copy too with Createspace? That's a bit more because you need a different cover. But remember, then you’re in print – a real author!
What I need to do is format your book and upload it on Amazon, but you need to create the Amazon account and give Amazon your bank account info to get the book live on Amazon. Yeah, bank account info – you want to get paid, right?
Typically if I’m uploading the book for someone I’ll get their username and password and do everything but the financial information. They fill that out and hit publish and then change their username and password.
- Cover art and layout: $40 to $100 or more
- Createspace Cover: $10 to $20
- Formatting and upload: $50
- Marketing: $30 to $75 or more
Total cost = $130 to $245 or more
That’s just base cost, not counting what I charge. And we didn’t even get into editing. So if you want to do that $130 range, I’d say give me $200 and we can get all that done. If you want to go more expensive, no problem – I’ll take a fee for doing all this headache-inducing stuff for you. In a few days or a week I’ll email you and say let’s do the final steps and get this book live on Amazon in 24 hours.
From there it’s simple, and then you’re done. It’s a pretty good way to get your ideas out there, and it doesn’t cost a lot.
So if you’ve been thinking of getting that book on Amazon, contact me and let’s get it done.
That way you can tell everyone you wrote a book. More importantly, you can show them where to buy it.