I sure am, and I thought I’d write about it today. I will tell you that this post will probably be offensive to most Democrats and Republicans. It will also really offend you if you’re older. Now would be a good time to stop reading.
Alright, for those of you still here, let’s just get right into it.
The Entitled Generation
See, members of the Entitled Generation – who are just now beginning to lose their minds, collect social security, and have their car keys taken away – rely on the government for a lot.
They also rely a lot on old and antiquated thinking, like the idea that college can be paid for with work, and that a woman’s place is in the kitchen.
Oh, sure, not all think like this, it’s just that many in Montana do, probably because they had to “get away from it all” which pretty much meant those forward thinking folks in states like California, places where they realize the 21st century has indeed started, and in some cases the 20th.
But don’t try and tell someone from the ages of, oh…68 to 51 – they don’t want to hear it.
I mean, they put in their 20 or 25 years – they’ve earned that retirement. The fact that you might have to work for 50 years or longer so they get it, well, hey, didn’t you hear that your life isn’t going to be as good as that of your parents? Get in your place, kid!
Besides, they’re often taking care of their own aging parents. That’s pretty easy if they managed to ride the gravy train all their life – ensuring favorable legislation is passed for their generation, increasing tax breaks at the expense of their children, and creating death-knell policies in other countries so their way of life can be propped-up – but if not, they’ve got some serious problems.
How is an old person supposed to take care of an old person if they’ve got no money? They’re not – they’re both supposed to die sooner so the government can stop propping them up.
How many tax havens existed before the Baby Boomers came to power? Because the way I was taught, everything before and during Ike was an idyllic world where nothing could go wrong, except for that damn Roosevelt and his New Deal policies…whatever the hell they were – thankfully our history teachers never bothered to get up that far before summer rolled-in.
But those good times aren’t coming back again, no siree Bob! If you’re young in America today, watch out…the Entitled Generation has made it as hard for you as it possibly can. Let’s take a look.
The Fucked Generation
This is pretty clear from the level of bullshit that’s been shoveled upon us by our parents, or the Entitled Generation. This includes:
- College that’s no longer subsidized by the government when most people go (ages 18-22);
- The expectation that we’ll pay for our parents’ healthcare, mainly because in most cases they’ve saved $0 for retirement;
- Rivers, skies, oceans and forests that cause major natural disasters and economic acts of God numerous times each year;
- A corporate-controlled media that brainwashes us with propaganda at least every 15 minutes, if not sooner depending on what channel you watch or paper you read;
- Children that are now born with ADD, ADHD, and all manner of other things that didn’t exist a generation ago;
- A world that hates us because the Entitled Generation had to be the leader of Earth and tell everyone what to do;
- Global pandemics of AIDS, Ebola, West Nile Virus, SARS, Avian Flu, and countless others…all incurable;
- Financial systems controlled by the very agencies they were designed to regulate and keep in check;
- Crumbling infrastructure that makes the national news numerous times each year but can never be fixed;
- Dogged-marketing directed against gullible young teens for credit cards and other ways for us to become economic slaves for our entire lives;
- Politicians bought and paid for by corporations like they were playing cards on some team line-up.
- A national Congress that works less than the boy selling lemonade on the side of the street;
They can’t lead – it’s pretty clear to me. This is what happens when you have a nation of followers for an entire generation…people that can’t do anything unless they’re told.
Of course members of the Entitled Generation will point to all manner of “accomplishments” to bolster their defense that, yes, they have left the world a better place than they’ve found it.
Gosh, maybe it’s time to take those keys away a little earlier than we were planning to, huh?