Here’s the strategy:
- Stop pandering to the national party on issues that are wildly unpopular here;
- Challenge the president on his shoddy work handling national affairs and critical needs;
- Point to failures, not successes, and distance ourselves from an overall losing strategy at the national level.
What does all this mean, and what could I possibly know? After all, I lost my dinky legislative race. Well, stop reading then.
See, I like it when people underestimate me and I like it when they ignore me. Both allow me to get ahead, passing them while they don’t even know it.
This is what Democrats need to do when it comes to their Republican challengers. Let’s take a look at those above points and see what they might look like on the ground here in Montana.
I think having equal rights for gay people is fine. Honestly, I wish we could have given them rights yesterday so I can stop hearing about the damn stuff so much. Don’t talk about it!
God damn environmentalists always trying to make it hard for the working man so the rich can have their playground. Most of this state hates environmentalists…don’t talk about the bastards!
That Keystone XL Pipeline sure could have an impact on Montana, but Obama ain’t deciding what he’s doing until October, 2015. Stop talking about the damn thing!
Obamacare…what to do about this mess? Democrats haven’t been able to figure out a winning strategy on this for the past two years, so to think they’ll have one in the next three months is a stretch. I think the best strategy is to paint the insurance companies as evil and have numerous examples of how they’ll fuck you when you’re old.
Obama has done more to lose the 2015 Montana Legislature than just about any politician in this state. Here are 4 quick reasons why:
- His handling of the border crisis has been abysmal;
- His idea of privacy and secure phones is a joke;
- His relationship with a ‘friendly media’ has deteriorated;
- His idea of punishing 2008 Wall Street criminals is appointing them or raising money from them.
Those are just a few ideas why this president has lost his way and why most Democrats running in tough races would do well to call him an idiot every chance they get.
I’ve said it before…having Obama campaign for any national candidate here in Montana would be a death sentence. Like many in this country, I feel betrayed by this man and the false promises of hope he sold us so long ago.
Point to Failures
I write content that convinces people to buy one product over another or choose one service at the expense of another. I do this through a variety of ways, but one that I occasionally rely on is fear.
Here we’re using a negative aspect to scare our audience into choosing us. It’s very effective short-term but I don’t think it’s as powerful long-term.
Regardless, when it comes to winning races in the next three months this is a viable strategy to employ. And what would it look like? Something like this:
- That glass of green algae water outside of Toledo in the Great Lakes. Why is this not being addressed while we continue to send more money to the Middle East and people that only want to kill each other?
- Babies dying in hot cars because overworked and overstressed parents can’t cope in a society that demands too much from them while not giving half in return.
- Gun violence escalating to unheard of levels in the President’s own city of Chicago while he’s off fundraising days and days in a row.
Those are three ways to bring up the negatives and challenge and shame the president at the same time.
Folks, this country is falling apart right before our eyes and we see this each time we turn on the evening news or pick up the morning paper.
But instead of doing anything about it the powers that be are letting it happen, letting us slide inexorably toward the abyss. This is not what America is about so let’s throw out these bums and return this country to an idea you can be proud of.
Start with negativity and end in hope – it works and leaves people feeling good after you’ve made them feel so bad, and angry at the other guy.
That’s the mentality that allows Walsh to stay in a Senate race for two weeks, eating up valuable time.
What the fuck – are we sitting on the porch running a campaign with the telegraphs? Things happen by the second and to see such an incompetent and botched response from the Democratic staff of the Walsh campaign and the party…what the fuck?
Well, it’s easy – they’re getting paid. The guy running Walsh’s campaign got himself a nice paycheck for these two weeks of fuck-ups and “damage control.” Those staffers at the Montana Democratic Party probably got a few plates of cookies during a break to ease their worried minds.
There are a lot of idiots in the Montana Democratic Party, and unfortunately they’re the ones calling the shots. The national party is about ten times worse.
Every single newspaper in this state is telling them they are idiots and instead of laughing and saying “Yeah, you’re right,” they’re running and hiding indoors and hoping they won’t hear it…thinking maybe no one else will as well.
What a great strategy – can’t wait to see what it does for us in November.