When it comes to Montana politics coalitions get things done, for they turn what could have been a single vote into a dozen votes or more.
In Missoula we’ve got a voting coalition of about 15…12 in the House and 3 in the Senate.
That means when the time to vote comes along, the Missoula folks can team-up and get things done. Some things that will be getting done this weekend involve the University of Montana Homecoming game and parade.
The Missoula Democrats will be a big part of the parade – as they are each year – and they’ll be giving out candy along the parade route.
- Amanada Curtis will be there and will be showing off her new election campaign signs;
- John Lewis will be there too…I don’t know, maybe to try and call Zinke in California to see if he’s fundraising;
- Sheriff-elect T.J. McDermott will be there;
- County Attorney Fred Van Valkenburg will be there (beaming, most likely, since AG Eric Holder just resigned);
- Any Democratic members of the Missoula County Commission will be there;
- Democratic City Council member will be there;
- Chuck Erickson (defeated in the HD 100 primary) will be donating his truck for the float, which is great;
- Willis Curdy is giving us a tractor-trailer and some hay bales.
The parade is starting at 10 AM and will wind its way from Downtown to the University District. It should be a fun time and I’ll sure try and get down there to get some photos to put up on my blog later that afternoon or evening.