I’d probably choose the Missoula City Council races, as they start up here in about two months.
- A good place to begin boning up on information is by reading the Missoula City Charter. I have a feeling this is like the U.S. Constitution – a document many elected officials know exists, but have never actually seen or read.
- Another good fount of information is the Missoula FAQ. They have information on what you need to do if you lose your pet, whether bikes need to be licensed, and what building inspection jurisdictions are. In other words, good stuff to use to sound important with.
- Speaking of sounding important, nothing does that like knowing what district you’re running in. Actually, they’re called wards at this level, so you might want to look at the Missoula Ward Map.
- If you’re going to look at the map you might as well look at the 2011 City Council Elections as reported by the Missoulian. Why? Because it could help you.
- And why not take a look at the Missoula City Council Elections – Missoulian Landing Page as well? It has lots of good info that could make you stand out.
Something else that will make you stand out is money, but I can’t help you with that.