I’ve been writing about Missoula issues on this site since 2013.
Here’s a list of articles I’ve been putting up to inform you about the city’s finances, its budget, debt, housing situation, and more.
I hope this helps you better understand how the city operates, where the money comes from, and where it goes.
- Missoula 2021 Budget Talk ($18 million police budget, $61 million for general fund, $2.2 million for housing department, and more)
- What to Cut? (5 ideas for cuts that will get rid of our $14 million annual budget deficit)
- Missoula Wants $27 Million in New Spending for 2022 ($4 million goes to the Pov)
- Missoula’s $190 Million Debt (We spent $15 million a year just to pay the interest)
- Wow, the Police Already Need a New Building?!? ($11.4 million)
- How Many Homeless People Live in Missoula? (400 in 2020)
- The City Wants $3 Million to Fight Homelessness ($522,000 for this winter’s emergency shelters)