Those are deep questions that only the universe can answer, and with you offering guidance. Thankfully there’s a tool that makes answering them easier, and it’s the Tarot. Discover it like never before in my mesmerizing book, Ten Minute Tarot.
Ten Minute Tarot will help you learn what each of the 78 cards from the Rider-Waite-Smith Tarot deck mean, and in new and insightful ways. You’ll be provided with 40 unique and detailed Tarot spreads, all of which will allow you to discover the answers to the pressing questions of your life in 10 minutes or less!
Maybe you’ve been intrigued with Tarot for awhile, but just haven’t known where to start. Perhaps you’ve picked up a few books but they just don’t make sense. Don’t worry – you won’t get any of those esoteric and hard-to-read interpretations here! Instead you’ll get clear and straightforward answers that help reveal the secrets of your life.
My first Tarot book had The Fool front and center, as do many Tarot books. I wanted to go with something different the second time around, and I even pondered putting one of the Minor Arcana cards in the center position.
I decided to go in a different direction, however, and chose The High Priestess. She’s more about logic, intellect, and reasoning…all the things you need to figure out what the Tarot holds for you. She has a lot of wisdom, and others seek her out for guidance and advice.
You should do the same, and with Ten Minute Tarot.
That pitch sounds pretty darn good to me. Unfortunately it didn’t really appeal to a whole lot of other people. Ten Minute Tarot has sold just 35 copies since I released it last September.
I really thought this one would be popular too. I think that’s kind of funny because similar books in the Amazon Kindle range in price from $3.99 and $11.99. By putting mine at $4.99 I thought it’d do alright. Boy was I wrong!
I guess it just wasn’t in the cards…yet. I know this book has good advice, and I know it’ll sell many copies over its life. Perhaps you’ll buy one, and I think this short excerpt on doing a few simple readings will convince you of that.
Three Card Spreads
With these spreads you can simply lay out three cards at random; there’s no need to assign positions to certain cards. Or you can follow the detailed spreads below.
Simple questions do best, and you’ll be provided with a simple answer. But don’t be surprised if you get something a little more in-depth and insightful. The cards have a tendency to interact with one another and they could support or flow into the meanings of the cards next to them.
- Past: Events that have led up to your current situation. These could still be affecting you and either helping you to move forward or holding you back. Studying the past may give you advantages today.
- Present: Where you’re at now as well as the different opportunities and obstacles that surround you.
- Future: This is where you’ll end up if things continue on as they are. It could also be the possible outcome that you desire.
The Mind-Body-Spirit Spread will fill you in on your general well-being in the universe. Are your forces balanced or out-of-line? Are the three aspects being fulfilled, or are they lacking in your life? This spread will offer insight and suggestions on your situation, and what you can do about it.
- Mind: The first card will show elements affecting your mind in regard to your problem or question.
- Body: This card will show you how your body is being impacted by the current situation.
- Spirit: This card shows the different elements that could be affecting you in a spiritual way in regard to your current problem or query.
Eight Card Spreads
You’ll have to start looking at the messages of the reading a little differently when using a higher number of cards. For instance, with the Mirror Spread you’ll be looking not just at a card in one position, but in the position opposite of it as well. This can tell you a lot about both cards and the role they play in your situation.
8-Card Mirror Spread
The Mirror Spread is ideal for relationship questions. You’ll get a complete rundown on how you view the other person in the relationship, and how they view you. This is an 8-card spread and all of the cards will be laid out in two columns so that each card has an opposite or opposing card.
- 1st Card: This represents you, the querent or questioner.
- 2nd Card: This second card shows how you see the other person in the relationship.
- 3rd Card: This card shows how the other person in the relationship sees themselves.
- 4th Card: Here you see what the other person in the relationship means to you.
- 5th Card: This fifth card shows how you are represented to the other person in the relationship.
- 6th Card: This card shows you obstacles that currently exist within the relationship.
- 7th Card: Here the strengths of the current relationship are represented.
- 8th Card: This final card shows you the likely result of the relationship.