That means people can call in and talk about anything they want.
Since I’m the only conservative-leaning blog in the state, I thought we might give it a try.
I’m not expecting much.
I’ve tried these ‘open’ posts in the past, and they never really got a lot of comments.
I expect this post will be the same.
I just don’t get a lot of traffic on this site. I think the idea would work a lot better on a site like Montana Post or even Missoula Current.
Sadly, both those sites disabled their comments and now direct people to Facebook for any kind of discussion.
Oh well. I’m going to give it a try this week and next week and for quite a few weeks after that.
I don’t have much else going on. Maybe you don’t either.
Anyways, here’s how I’m going to do this post and any subsequent posts:
I’m going to give you some interesting things from the week, and you can talk about those or anything else.
I usually have a no-reply policy when it comes to comments, but I’ll go ahead and comment as well if you post something.
Please use your logic and keep it clean.
Here we go:
- A year ago Hurricane Maria had killed 64 people in Puerto Rico, but this week the storm has been blamed for 3,000 deaths. The media likes the high figure, while Trump favors the low. Who’s right?
- Currently Hurricane Florence is bearing-down on North Carolina. Will this be a huge mess…or much ado about nothing?
- Sex and the City star Cynthia Nixon got trounced in yesterday’s Democratic Primary in New York, taking just 35% to Andrew Cuomo’s 65%...or over 400,000 fewer votes. A stall in the upcoming blue wave/#metoo movement…or about what we expected?
- Montana Democrats accuse Matt Rosendale of illegally coordinating with the NRA. Is that true, or is a statement by Rosendale saying the NRA will support him just the typical campaign rhetoric?
- This week the Missoula Independent closed while MTN redid all their regional websites in the state to look more similar than they did before. Over the past four months we’ve lost Logicosity, Last Best News, Combat Blog, MT Cowgirl, and the Indy. What effect will this have on Montana?
- Lots of people, not just Democrats, really hate Trump and want to see him out of office come January 2021. Despite that, there doesn’t seem to be anyone on the horizon that can challenge Trump, let alone beat him. Will this change?
- This week on the radio, Eric Stern mentioned that there’s no heir-apparent to Governor Bullock. There are many on the GOP side that could take over that job, but who on the Democratic side could possibly win that race?
- Absentee ballots go out on Friday, October 12…which is 25 days before the November 6 election day. This policy was a big reason Gianforte won in ’17…the fact that so many voted before the assault incident. Will we see similar ‘October surprises’ this year?
- There seems to be some news that might upset the Kavanaugh appointment to the Supreme Court. Is there anything to this, or is it just Democrats throwing spaghetti at the wall?