We know the Montana media has made up their mind, the political scientists, the talking heads and maybe even mom and pop and that guy next door or down the street or around the bend.
It’s a bummer. It’s a real damn bummer and I don’t like it one bit.
But we know they’ve been wrong before, don’t we?
- More cold nights for our low income families, perhaps sleeping in their coats as there’s just not enough money anymore to get through Montana’s winters.
- A car that might start in the morning, just as often might not, and of course the anxiety and pain and fights that go with it.
- There’s not going to be any birds singing in those trees as this land ain’t gonna be too special anymore and those tourist dollars will dry up with the loss of public lands.
- Those church bells ringing won’t echo the happiness a new couple experiences when they get married, but instead the crushing toll of debt they’ll have to contend with as they try to start their lives, let’s not even get into family.
- More and more fights by Washington children throwing tantrums and tirades, slamming doors instead of opening them, and dashing our future to the winds instead of trying to build supports that will last strongly into the future.
- That dirty little money war will continue, the ones between D’s and R’s to see who can control your life and make the most money before the next cycle so they can it down in that call center on Day 1 of their new term and start the endless process all over again.
Those were just some things I was thinking about this morning, and again as I listen to that song now. I sure hope you’ll vote for Lewis and Curtis on November 4!