Well, these things aren’t addressed to me – like the Republican flyer I got in the mail a couple weeks ago – so I have to wonder.
But I got it, so let’s take a look:
- First, who is Daines talking to and why? Looks like that’s a man or woman from Livingston he’s talking to (judging from the hat), and it seems to be some kind of social gathering place.
- Next, in the background someone is standing by, perhaps on the look out for any subversive elements. Is that a gun on their waist? Maybe it’s Zinke trying to man-up after his devastating NRA rating.
- Finally, is it just me, or does it look like Daines could care less about this person and just wants to get the hell out of there to whatever smoke-filled room is closest at hand?
There are two sides to this mailer.
- First, on the left we have Daines, and on the right we have Amanda Curtis. What the hell?
- Next, what is Daines pointing at on his half? Did he catch someone that shouldn’t be there, did he have a bright idea, was it a ‘hey look, it’s someone riding a bike!’? Who knows.
- Finally, look at that Curtis background. I guess industrial black holy-grill-style backgrounds are the worse thing you can do today. If you get a DUI, don’t have your candidate stand in front of one of those!
The postage says it had “non-profit org.” postage, which I guess is a special rate that the Montana Republican Party gets. They probably have a permit for bulk mailings that ensures something like this can be sent out to tens of thousands for only thousands of dollars.
That is exactly the strategy we need to “protect working families.”